Monday 30 January 2006


Today I have an eye infection which has swollen my right eye up so much I can't see out of it. It's only when something like this happens that I realise what a visual person I am. That may sound odd for someone who spends her time creating things, but I tend to just take it for granted, as I suppose most of us do. But really, what a truly wonderful thing it is to be able to see!
Today I'd like to share with you some work from my early days at making collage. It is called Under the Volcano and was quite a personally significant piece for me in a number of ways. I still feel it's one of my favourites. You can find it here: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7367421730&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1
Please add a comment if you'd like too, I love to read them!

3 comments:

  1. Wow Fran! Now this is just beautiful. The colors are nicely done. I really like the shadowy figure to the left of the white boy. An inspiring piece - very nice work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel better, Fran. It's very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the odd nature of this piece. Do I see guinea feathers there?

    ReplyDelete