Sunday 12 February 2006

One or two people have asked me about the title of this journal, so I thought I'd explain myself. Dancing-Girl Art, which is the name of my eBay store, came about whilst I was looking through some old photo albums. I don't have many pictures of myself (trust me, I'm so not photogenic!) but I found this one of me in the garden at my childhood home, dancing up a storm in my mum's high heels.

This made me think about all sorts of things, but mostly it struck me how utterly joyful I looked in that photograph. I'd lost that feeling for a long time, as probably a lot of us do. But then I went back to my childhood love of creating art because I wanted to and that joy started to creep back into my life.

So the dancing girl became a logo and a talisman, and a reminder to be true to myself. It reminds me that I can, in fact, still dance.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, you do look so happy in that picture and I am so glad that you too have found joy in art!

    Kari x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:40 pm

    Oh, I love this photo. How wonderful our world would be if we all just "danced up a storm!" Thanks for the explanation, it made my day. Sally

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's such a great photograph. Dance away, Fran, that little girl is still there :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fran, I'm glad you shared this, it really made me smile :) What a sweet picture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fran - I love this picture so much - it's so spontaneous, without any fear of embarrassment or inhibition. It captures how children should be and us too although we often forget to just 'be' and let ourselves go. I often click on this picture just to look at at - I love seeing that moment in time. It's fantastic and always brings a smile to my face. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fran, what a great story! Truly a window to your soul!

    ReplyDelete