Thursday 28 June 2007

The Perfect Hostess

Occasionally pieces of work that I do end up being quite personal or dark. Usually I don't share these because I'm not really sure what I feel about them, or whether they'd be of interest to anyone else. But now and again I finish something that feels, well, right, for want of a better word.

This is a larger collage that I've been working on for a while. It's undergone so many revisions that I really wish I'd taken process shots as it's pretty unrecognisable from where it started out. Halfway through I hated it and considered ditching it, but I know from previous experience that the ones I hate are often the ones which eventually become my favourites.

4 comments:

  1. Francesca~ Process work is so very powerful. Congratulations for finishing it and getting through to the other side :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one packs a bit of an emotional punch, doesn't it. I found it quite fascinating - and now you've got me wondering how it all got to this, and where it really started. Very interesting, what we manage to see in other's artwork. Very good one. Sad, but good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Powerful! And yes, the ones we hate sometimes do end up going to the head of the class. This one is certainly A+.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can really relate to posting difficult or more personal subjects. I have a lot of "darker" and more serious collages that I am reluctant to share for several different reasons. I absolutely love this collage, it has an etheral quality...Keep doing what feels right my friend.

    ReplyDelete