Monday 20 August 2007

The Beating of My Heart

I spent part of last week with Thea at the Festival of Quilts in Birmingham. Although I don't work with fabric as much as I used to I love going to the quilt show. There's so much wonderful and inspiring work to see and I come back buzzing with ideas for new techniques I want to try. If you'd like to see a selection of the quilts, I have some photos on my flickr.

Here's a mixed media piece I made when I got back. I had read that Golden gel was the best gel medium for image transfers so I bought some while I was in Birmingham. I've had very little success in the past with image transfers but I can report that Golden is da bomb. It works so much better than any others I've tried, so I may go off on a bit of a transfer rampage now!

For sale here

6 comments:

  1. wow, this is beautiful and i loved all the quilt pix! will have to pick your brain some more on this photo transfer stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shazam girl! Gorgeous. Isn't Golden great? Far superior to the other brands. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another beautiful project, Francesca! I've never tried any other mediums other than Golden so I am happy to see your review.....I recommend the other mediums too! I've been posting some transfer work on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Golden's medium, huh????? Thanks for this info, Fran. I'm going to get some because my experience with transfers is bad, bad, bad but I'm still holding out hope.

    By the way, this is a magnif little collage.

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  5. I realllly love your style! Gina (ebay-hpsgsmith). Please feel free to have a peek at my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the tip..I've had such hit and miss experiences with transfers. This looks fab.

    ReplyDelete