Tuesday 28 August 2007

Paper Play

More playing with materials today. I had these lonely pots of glass bead medium and modelling paste sitting on my shelf - bought ages ago because it seemed like a good idea - and I thought it was about time I used them.

So here's some Khadi (Indian cotton rag) paper which I painted and applied the medium to before gilding with a gold Markal stick and Treasure wax. The top two pieces are modelling paste, the other two have the glass bead medium.

And while I was at it I made a bunch of wrapping paper sheets. These are simply brown parcel paper repeatedly crumpled, painted and waxed. Used to be a favourite thing of mine to do so a little revisiting seemed in order.
Click on the pictures for more detailed views.

5 comments:

  1. i LOVE the colours and textutes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting techniques. Love your site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am like you, I buy materials "just in case" or "I'll try this sometime," and usually end up giving them away unopened (!) or experimenting. The only difference is that your experimentations are wayyy more gorgeous than mine :) ...Just a note: I could not click and enlarge the pics... Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful papers!

    ReplyDelete