Wednesday 23 January 2008

Fibreart For A Cause

Recently Denise of Wild Thread Studio suggested that I should check out Virginia Spiegel's fund-raising project for the American Cancer Society. She is coordinating a sale of collages by artists who work in all sorts of different media to be held in May.

This is a piece I am donating. I guess you all know by now my obsession with the discarded and overlooked, and this collage uses more of the odds and ends which I pick up or have left from other projects. I like to think that they have their own story to tell when they get together in the same place.

If you'd like to know more about the project check out Virginia's site Collage Mania II where you'll find details about the sale and also how to submit work for it.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:28 am

    Wow! Your work is stunning! I found you through Virginia Spiegel's blog and I'm so glad I did! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Georgous pieces! I need to get my butt in gear and start making some!!!

    ReplyDelete