Friday 27 August 2010

Autumn Already?

There's something very screwy going on with the weather. My calendar says mid-August but the temperature is hovering around the sixty degree mark and so far this week we have had gales and torrential rain. It's looking like summer is a washout here so I picked up my knitting the other day and made these ever so Gothic cuffs in this Autumn's hot colour, olive green.

And when you come home, what could be nicer than snuggling up with your hot chocolate under this crocheted throw? I keep a selection of blankets and lap quilts permanently draped over the back of my sofa because not only are they really useful for those times when you need a little extra warmth but they look darn good too!

4 comments:

  1. Yes this weather has been mad! I'm dreaming of knitwear and new wellies... in august...AUGUST for gods sake!! Very impressed by your knitted cuffs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i want to come over and wrap up in all of your warm goodies. i'm totally serious. beautiful work, fran!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the cuffs, beautiful colour and lovely work.

    ReplyDelete