Thursday 31 May 2012

A Cheapskate Idea


I love buying new craft supplies as much as, no probably more than, the next woman but some of the stuff I'd like is a bit spendy and I'm always on the lookout for cheap DIY versions of it. Soooo.. I thought I'd share this little tip with you in case it's of use.

I've recently been playing with Distress Inks a lot and I like the kind of watercolour effect you get when you dab the pads straight onto a non-stick craft sheet and then pick the ink up with your paper.


I'd rather not spend £10 on one though so the other day I came up with this quick alternative. All you need is a piece of mat board or cardboard, some freezer paper and sellotape. You can make it whatever size is most useful for you, just wrap the freezer paper (shiny side up) over the board and stick down at the back. 


Notice how neatly I folded and stuck! OK, it won't last as long as an actual craft sheet but it's practically free and you can just replace the freezer paper as needed. I've been using mine for a few days now and it's bearing up well. Just wipe with kitchen towel when you're done and it's ready to go again!


And here's some I made earlier!

No comments:

Post a Comment