Tuesday 30 July 2013

Playing With Pattern


Following on from my previous post about texture plates, I decided to make a little video about different (mostly recycled/free) stuff that you can use for creating patterns on your gelli plate. I like commercial stencils and stamps but I have to say it's usually much for satisfying to come up with my own 'tools' for pattern making. Have a look and see what you think.


Have you got a favourite tool for printmaking? Do share, I'd love to know!








6 comments:

  1. Hello. I am here to see your lovely Gelli plate papers. I just bought one today and haven't even opened the package yet. I don't really like messy crafts but am seeing such great things made from it. Thank you for sharing so much on your blog and video. Creative Hearts are Happy Hearts...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Monoprinting really is a lot of fun - get that package open and have a go, I bet you'll thoroughly enjoy it. :)

      Delete
  2. fabulous video!!!! randomly found it on you tube. very inspiring and beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm very glad you enjoyed it! :)

      Delete
  3. Hello Francesca - found you via you tube and became a new follower here too....
    great art blog:

    xxx
    Susi
    FROEBELSTERNCHEN FROM AUSTRIA

    ART-JOURNAL-JOURNEY-CHALLENGE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susi, lovely to see you! :)

      Delete