Monday 17 September 2007

Red Flowers

There is usually a moment when I get part way through a painting and feel like it's not going to work out. Maybe this is because I have no formal training as a painter, or maybe it's just normal artistic anxiety. Either way, when eventually I finish it I make a mental note to myself not to succumb to this fretting next time. But I always do.

This is an acrylic piece on mat board. I mainly used a knife for it which I really enjoy as it's a different feel from working with a brush and allows for more texture and scraping back of layers.

For sale here

8 comments:

  1. i just LOVE this, fran! the colours, the textures, the simple but powerful composition...
    gorgeous!!!
    blessings, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand the fretting, and yes, you're right it is part of the creative process. But this finished piece is very strong and beautifully put together. It's quite striking when you first view it. More!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I felt a little gasp when this image first began to download in my email and I was eager to read about your process with it. I love the texture, the color, the old worldness of it. brava!
    ~sue o'kieffe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Fran...it's lovely!...it's perfect!...I just love it!...the colors, the texture and layers...truely beautful!

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  5. it is gorgeous, so much to it and its so alive, I feel the warmth of sun and smell the roses through a beautiful old window ~ wonderful Fran :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yup I agree with everyone it is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fran I turned my back for a few days and look what you did! Love the new look :) Glad you painted through the scary bit and came out the other side with this little beauty! :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous painting, the colours are so rich and luscious, love your work

    ReplyDelete