Saturday 19 December 2009

The Snow Queen - Work In Progress


I haven't drawn any faces for quite a while but at this time of year I always start thinking about my favourite winter tale, the Snow Queen, and get the urge to do some illustration for it. I've drawn and painted her a few times over the years and she looks different each time. Here I was thinking of her beguiling aspect and tried to give her large, hypnotic eyes and a very serene face. 

At the minute she doesn't look very regal but I intend to add colour and some other elements to the page, although I think she's already visited my studio and turned it into the Ice Palace so that could be an interesting experience!

1 comment:

  1. she most definitely looks regal - she's beautiful! i can't wait to see it finished! love love loves

    ReplyDelete