Tuesday 23 June 2009

Down In The Hole


The studio purge continues. It's slow work as I don't think I'd truly realised the amount of stuff I had lying around just waiting to be dealt with. So I clear a bit then work a bit. Yesterday I made these aceos because I unearthed my watercolours and of course had to use them right away! Oh I do love colour. The sunset one was inspired by the Iron Men that stretch along the shore at Formby. As they rust and are colonised by barnacles they become more and more beautiful in my eyes. There is something profoundly moving about decaying structures and landscapes, or perhaps that's just me.

Meanwhile, in other news, the third season of The Wire has just started on BBC2. So that's my late night viewing taken care of for the foreseeable future.

No comments:

Post a Comment